Skip to main content

Lawn Fawn "Winter Alpaca" collaboration with Lynnea Hollendonner

Hello! I’ve got a fun new card with a video over on my YouTube channel too. This card is a collab with my friend Lynnea Hollendonner.  We both used the stamp set “Winter alpaca” by Lawn Fawn and created two very different cards. I will link below to her blog post and YouTube video

Lynnea Hollendonner Links: 


For my card I started by using broken China distress oxide ink to create part of my background.  I used a Dollarama makeup brush to blend the ink on some card stock to create the sky. (I have a YouTube video coming Monday with more details on the Dollarama make up brush) Then to add some detail to my sky I used a spray bottle and added some water to the ink and dabbed off the ink with a paper towel. 

Then I was ready for the stamp set “winter alpaca” from Lawn Fawn. I stamped the alpaca image in memento tuxedo black ink. I got put my Spectrum Noir markers to color this in. I used BG6, BG2, BT7, BT5 and EB1. To add some details to the alpaca’s scarf I used a Sakura white pen.  

I fussy cut the alpaca out. Then I stamped a little suitcase I had in my collection with vintage photo distress ink. I used the BT5 Spectrum noir marker to add some color to the suitcase.  

Then I was ready to create my scene for this I used two lawn Fawn does.  For the mountains I used stitched mountain boarder die.  For the snowy hills I used simple stitched hillside dies.  To create all these elements with the dies I used my Big Shot machine to cut them out.  

For the sentiment I used the one that came with this stamp set because how cute is “Baby it’s cold outside, alpaca my scarf”? 

I used the anti static pouch to prepare the surface for stamping. I used Simon Says Stamp cleat embossing and watermark ink.   Then I grabbed the Simon Says Stamp fine detail white embossing powder and sprinkled that over the ink. At that point I was ready to melt it with my marvey heat tool.  After that I grabbed the snowflakes from the set and did the same technique with the same supplies to add to the sky.  

The next part I used the Scotch Advanced Tape Glider to start adhering the die cuts together to create my scene. I used beacon gem tac glue to adhere the die cut snow on the tops of the mountain. 

To finish off my sentiment I used Memento Luxe tuxedo black ink as I wanted this part to really stand out and be bold.  I used Simon Says Stamp clear embossing powder to raise the ink and make it stand out even more. So again I used the marvey heat tool to melt the embossing powder. 

To adhere the alpaca and suitcase to the scene I used foam squares from Dollarama.   Then as a final touch I added some morning dew Nuvo crystal dots and added it to the snow on the mountain tops.







Thanks so much for stopping by today.  Stay warm out there! Also don't forget to check out Lynnea's blog post and YouTube video. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Kids Crafty August Blog Hop- Back to school

Hello! Thank you for joining us for the August Get Kids Crafty! blog hop! Our theme this month is back to school! Summer has been awesome and we hope you’ve had lots of time to create some amazing projects with your kids! How about a little giveaway to celebrate the unofficial end of summer?! Lawn Fawn has generously donated a prize package for us to give to one of our lovely followers! How do you win it? Just leave a comment on all the blogs in the hop! The more blogs you comment on the better chance you have of winning! One lucky person will be chosen from all of the blog comments to win the Lawn Fawn prize which includes the Little Fireflies stamp set, Year Eight stamp set, Slow Down and Enjoy stamp set, and the Perfectly Plaid Chill 6x6 paper pack! This giveaway closes in one week on Saturday August 25 and a winner will be chosen soon after! We also want to know how the theme of “back to school” inspires you? Creating awesome book covers? Making notes to

Intoducing the Power Pack

 Hello there, I've got something so fun for you today. I am apart of a mega blog hop for the introduction of the Power Pack by Pear Blossom Press.  It's an easier way to make a light up card. Here is a link to Amanda explaining the process in more details too.   https://pearblossompress.com/ power-pack/ The Power Packs are available three ways: Power Pack Kit (set of 3 power packs, batteries, copper tape, and 3 LED stickers) retail $15.99 USD Power Pack (3 units) (3 power packs with batteries only - perfect for people who already have Chibitronics kits, but don't want to make paper switches and battery holders) retail $9.99 USD Power Pack (single unit) (1 power pack with a battery) retail 4.99 USD Customers in the US can enter the code FREEUSA to receive free shipping on orders over $9 until May 11, 2019 International customers can enter the code INTL5 for $5 off International shipping until May 11, 2019. Customers in Canada will be able to order kits fr

Get Kids Crafty May Blog Hop Gardening theme

It's that time of month again where I share a fun crafty project that I made with my kiddo Riley for Get Kids Crafty. Hello and thank you for joining us for the May Get Kids Crafty! blog hop! We are thrilled to have you! Our theme this month is gardening and our kids have created some AMAZING projects to share with you! We had a lot of fun creating our project this month. We made a bumble bee mobile.  Both my kids love the song bringing home my baby bumble bee. Especially my youngest Liam, it seems to usually calm him down when he's upset.  So we created this fun project to the theme of the song.      First we had to die cut our bees, Here is Riley playing with an already cut bee in the Big Shot machine.      Here is Riley turning the handle on the Big Shot machine to cut out all our bees. We had to do 16 in total one for the front and back as you will see in a little bit. Here is what the finished bee looks like and the die cut that we used from